Shabby Miss Jenn

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Challenges....

Ok, So I seem to be color challenged for lack of a better term! I will look at colors and think they can't possibly work together then I see a scrapbook paper and think well it works for them! HUMMMM.... So I found a great blog to help with the problem. Kwernerdesign.com offers color inspirations each week and you can post your creations on her blog. Its awesome to see how everyone uses the colors! This week she uses SU colors old olive, certainly celery, saraha sand, and whisper white! They are beautiful together. Go to a direct link of all her color inspirations here.
I was also told of a few problems... I seem to only be creating horizontal cards.... didn't notice really but now that it was brought to my attention that I am "vertically challenged" I will work on that! (laughing)! However todays card is also vertically challenged. The other issue is that my web page backround is not loading correctly. I am working on designing my own through Adobe... however I am still learning the program so this will need to stay for a while longer.



This card is using the Shimmerz Blingz I won!! I thought her bubbles could use a little jazz! This card seems to be missing something to me but I kinda wanted it simple too. This stamp set reminds me of a friend Lisa who sells the Body Shop at Home! Great products by the way! She doesn't have time to relax in a bath like bubble queen here nor does she like pink and blue.... however this card is sweet and relaxing which is what she does for other people! She is very sweet and dear friend and she provides people with the opportunity to pamper themselves. She is like the old calgon commercial! Anyway I made this card for her! So take some time out Lisa and relax a little and pamper yourself for a change!

Supplies: Stamp set: bubble queen.
Cardstock: pretty in pink, bashful blue, whisper white.
Accessories: Silver cord, pink grossgrain, glitter gellyroll pen used to trace around the white on the blue to give it a little sparkle, Blingz (pink poinsetta and december sky)
Below you can see the shimmer. Sorry the lighting is so bad but its been gloomy around here and not much sun! Bad for taking pictures.



Enjoy! If you are interested in The Body Shop at Home products check out Lisa's web site at Lisa's body shop site Even if you don't live locally you can order directly from her website and she is awesome at helping you find gifts for those hard to buy for people!
Have a great day!
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment